The GIS project in Narok Water, Kenya
Period: April 2014 to September 2016
Client: NAROK WATER AND SEWERAGE SERVICES CO., LTD., KENYA
Worked as a GIS specialist funded by JICA and conducted the following activities.
- Mapped the entire water distribution network (approximately 300km length of pipeline in Total) in Narok and Ololulung’a town (Trimble GPS, ArcPAD, QGIS).
- Designed and developed GIS database & WebGIS (PostGIS, Mapserver, Leafletjs). The system links to billing system, it helps improve their revenue collections.
- Created the DMAs (District Metered Areas) for analyzing and improving Non-Revenue water management.
- Conducted training to transfer technical knowledge to Kenyan colleagues, then GIS system is continuously being used up to now since it has been developed.
- Consulted GIS work for 7 water services providers (Nyeri water, Kabarnet water, Kapsabet water, Nakuru water, Nakuru rural water, Naivasha water and Mavoko water) in Kenya.